Posted by: Sarah | 2008/07/22

down syndrome

Just want to find if a baby had down syndrome, then parents terminated the pregnancy at 20 weeks, what r the changes that the next baby will have the down syndrome.

More information is necessary to give you a risk. The age of the mother, whether any one else in the family had Down syndrome, the type of DOwn syndrome, etc. Perhaps ask your doctor to arrange a discussion with a geneticist.

Posted by: jenna | 2008/07/22

Sarah, I terminated my pregnancy at 19 weeks because of Down Syndrome, my gynie told me afterwords that the the type of Down Syndrome my baby had, was not the genetic one. That means that my risk for having another down syndrome baby is excactly the same as any one of my age.

Good luck I know how you feel!

Reply to jenna