Posted by: SAD | 2007/12/07


I've had a tough year with a son who was abusing drugs, I think he lost the plot and was hospitalised twice. I think he also has Bipolar - he's girlfriend left him and they have a two year old child. The g/friend has a protection order against him but he is allowed to see the child yet when she asks him to take child for weekend he doesn't want to. He is so hostile towards her and also towards me as he feels I'm taking her part. We haven't had contact in over a month (my son) and I actually don't feel like talking to him for causing all this trouble throughout the year.
I don't feel like celebrating Christmas - I want to be on my own. I don't even want lights and trees etc because when I think about it all I want to do is cry. This is my way of dealing with my strife.
Is it normal or should I seek help. I often just cry and also have ached and pains throughout my body.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Sorry to hear about this S. Even though it always has, essentially, to be HIS task to get this right, it is unpleasant and worrying for anyone who loves him. Sounds like he may be finding it difficult to remember that even if he has some beef against the mother, the child is innocent and deserves his affection and love. Don't plan a delivberately gloomy Christmas, though of course its vbery understandable that you don't fel very Ho Ho Ho this year. It sounds like you've done so much for him, and maybe he needs to up his game and do a lot more for himself and his child. It also sounds as though, very undersstandably, you have become depressed, and you probably deserve to see a good local shrink or at least good GP for assessment of this, as, if you have become Depressed, meds and CBT counselling could help you to feel much better and to be much more effective, than this

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: mack | 2007/12/07

Sad ,
just to say sorry ,I had a bad year aswell ,sort of know how you feel,hang in there anyway you see fit.try c.s.advice

Reply to mack

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.