Question
Posted by: deep down in da pit | 2004/10/14

down

I am feeling so deep down in the dumps . - can someone please just come and cover me with sand - verry streesed. have headaches and dizzy. went to gp yesterday, says my bp is very low. does stress cause low bp? I thought its the cause of high bp.

Stress can affect one's bp, but even more so, it affects the way in which one feels able to cope with any other symptoms or problems.

5
Posted by: Q | 2004/10/14

See the sweet stuff creats a suger spike and then drops bad, you should let your self be tested for diabeties, what you describe sounds like more of a suger problem than anything els!

Reply to Q
Posted by: ddidp | 2004/10/14

I usually have a sweet tooth, but never felt it brought my bp down. - and since i've been so tired - at times i had to leave the office to snooxe in the car - a colleague suggested i have coke or sweet stuff, but the coke only refreshed me for a couple of minutes then the tiredness is back again

Reply to ddidp
Posted by: D@mn | 2004/10/14

Have low BP too, medication helps a lot. I only take it when my BP dips which is usually when I am sick or stressed. If you want to sleep all the time and always feel flat, it may be low.

Reply to D@mn
Posted by: JC | 2004/10/14

I used to have low BP as well. It can be devastatingly tiring, and because you can't do as much it is easy to fall into a kind of depression. My GP at the time gave me some pills to up my BP and that seemed to help quite dramactically, but it took a few days. I cannot remember the name, unfortunately.
And stress... From personal experience I do believe it can be the root cause of a great many ailments. Have you tried meditation to try and focus your thoughts and get clarity on all that is making you stressed. I felt trapped by stress until I decided to force myself to take some alone time and just try to figure out how to get through things that felt they were engulfing me. I found it immensely useful to write down the various causes of my stress and systematically tackle one at a time, writing any possible kind of solution to each of the aspects. It takes time, and often when you're stressed, this is the one thing you don't have... but for your sanity and your life - make time - you're fully worth it!

Reply to JC
Posted by: Q | 2004/10/14

Can be both, does your blood pressure drop when you eat sweets

Reply to Q