Question
Posted by: Joey | 2007/07/16

Dove-sh*t

I have no particular hate or love for Doves. Birds are birds and they have a place BUT my neighbour is feeding them and the more she feeds the more they come it's now costing her R1000 per week.

They sh*t everywhere. On my roof, against my walls, on my veranda, my plants are dying and they are white. Ive begged and pleased she just say's I am not a child of God because I have not time for his creatures.

I have shot them with a kheti, I have aske the Health inspector he say's he knows her well they have tea togehter...and she's allowed. I phoned the SPCA and they say she's allowed.

The dead birds and there feathers are everwhere. They die in my gutters and it stinks.

Can I poison them ? But what about all the cats who are now feeding on them. Apparently the other neighbour told me that there are rats in her yard because they feed on the same food as the birds.

What can I do ?

Poison is not a good idea! You can trap them and have them rehomed somewhere else.

5
Posted by: Dark Sorceress | 2007/07/20

Not to be rude, but this is the funniest post I have seen in ages.

I have absolutely no advice, just that I needed a smile for today and got it!!!

Reply to Dark Sorceress
Posted by: sun | 2007/07/17

Why are all these birds dying around you - is it perhaps from you shooting them with a kheti? Do you live in a built up area?I also feed wild birds which costs me about R100 per month but at R1000 a week they will have to live on caviar not bird seed? and where do all these cats come from that feed on them - it sounds like the wild west! Do you have a lot of feral cats in your area or are they domesticated cats?

Reply to sun
Posted by: Cat Lady | 2007/07/17

Get a Life! I also feed doves, guinea fowls etc and it might cost me about R100 a month. They get fed twice a day and we have no problem either with sh*t, neighbours or dead birds. Don't even think of putting poison down. Your neighbours will not be happy if their cats or dogs suddenly start dying and they know of your aversion to doves. It is a crimical act and you will be persecuted from all sides.

Reply to Cat Lady
Posted by: Chill | 2007/07/16

Talk to the health inspector (or his boss) again.

Sure, she can feed all the doves she wants. But if there's a problem with rats, with corpses, etc, then they will be obliged to act.

What the hell does she give them that costs R1000 per week? I feed the wild birds too, but it sure doesn't cost me more than about R20 a week, and that includes fruit for the white-eyes and things.

Another thing: why are these birds dying in the gutters? Old age, or what?

Reply to Chill
Posted by: bright idea | 2007/07/16

buy lots and lots of cats

Reply to bright idea