Question
Posted by: Babs | 2004/01/05

Douching - or not?

I have been in a wonderful relationship for a long time with my boyfriend.
Trouble is, I swell up a bit after intercourse, and the semen left behind (even after bathing) tends to stay in somewhere and it does smell very strong for a couple of days.
Do I douche for this? Or is there something else I can do, seeing as it is not an infection as such. Bathing doesn't seem to do the trick as well as it should.

Try to cough or push to get as much of the semen as possible out after intercourse. If this does not work, you could try douching. Don't do this too often though, as it could deplete the protective organisms in the vagina.