Question
Posted by: Jenny (aka Nadine) | 2006/07/18

Double standards, I say

Morning Prof Simpson and how are you on this bright and wonderful day? Well I'm in the dog box again with the boss and quite a few people here at work. I pointed out a few 'unfair' points that get dished out towards some staff and now I am being given the silent treatment. Isn't it sad that some people will suck up to the boss knowing full well he/she is in the wrong but its to keep themselves in the good books. You know what I've noticed, alot of people don't have the courage to stand up and say what's on their mind for fear of being victimised ................. or given the silent treatment. Ah well, what the heck - such is human nature. Have a nice day and chat to you later.

In the dog box again ? What does the dog think of that ? I've been in that position, many times --- people may privately tell you they agree and support you, and they're so pleased you said it --- but when the confrontation comes, you're all on your own. But, as you say, most people are like that. In such situations when I spoke up, I realized that I wouldn't want to sleep with myself if I didn't do what I felt was right and needing to be done.