Posted by: Aims | 2008/09/08


Hi doc

I' m young, 33, however I' n not fat! I weigh around 63kg and I' m 1.65m tall. Anyway I' ve go a double chin and this is effecting my confidance. What can I do? Is there perhaps any non-surgical treatment availabe, maybe some sort of exercise?
Your assistance would be appreciated

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Aims, thank you for the question.

Your best option is to consult a plastic surgeon who can examine the area and decide on the best treatment option for you. Generally speaking surgery will give you the best result in this area. A number of non-surgical options do exist but the end result is dependent on the amount of fat, skin laxity, and the underlying support structures. I will list these options as follows:
Technology based: Syneron’s Velashape, Ultrashape, or Thermage Cellulite Treatment Tip.
Fat ‘dissolving’ injections such as phosphoatedylcholine (lipodissolve) or a combination of the injectable with the technology based treatments.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.