Posted by: VIRGO | 2008/05/23


Dear Doc,

I am 32 years old and whenever I pick up weight I get this thing under my chin. I dont know what to call it. But its like a double chin.

Are there any products I can use to take it away? Its really starting to bother me because it is clearly visible when I laugh or smile.

Thank you for your help!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hello Virgo, thank you for the question.

If the ‘double chin’ is a combination of excess skin and fat, there is unfortunately no topical product that will provide a visible benefit to this area.

However you have a number of options both surgical and non-surgical.

If you decide on the surgical route your best approach would be to consult a plastic surgeon that can examine the area of concern and recommend the appropriate treatment option for you. With today’s technological advances some areas can be treated with minimal downtime especially when the area can respond to ‘laser induced lipo’. Even though this is considered a surgical procedure in most cases it can be performed under local anesthetic in a sterile room and you will go home the same day.

Non-surgical options include injectable fat dissolving solutions, Syneron’s Velashape, the Ultrashape, various Tripolar technologies, and Thermage.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.