Question
Posted by: Jordon | 2004/11/15

Dostinex and Clomid

Dear Gynaedoc,

I am currently on Clomid as well as Dostinex (0.5mg). On the pamphlet for Dostinex it says that you should try not to falll pregnant for month after using it. I am TTC and fthis is what my gynae prescribed. If i should fall pregnant while on Dostinex, what will this mean for the foetus?

Also, i have to go for my 21d prolactin and progestorone test later this month. What do these tests measure. Lastly, according to my cycle, I am ovulating - hopefully - between 15-18 November, what could the tests on 24 November (21 days) possibly tell my gynae??

The Day 21 progetserone tells whetehr you in fact ovulated. I presume that you are on Dostinex because of a high prolactin, which could also interefere with ovulation. If you fall pregnant, the Dostinex can be stopped at that time.

1
Posted by: Golly | 2004/11/15

The 21 day test will tell your doc if you did indeed ovulate on the 15-18 November. If you are on Clomid, the test will indicate if the Clomid did indeed regulate your ovulation as it was supposed to.

Good luck ttc!

Reply to Golly