Question
Posted by: Garp | 2005/07/18

Dormicum

I have to catch a flight to Europe on friday and as a acutely fearful flyer I asked my doc to prescribe Dormicum. I dont usually take drugs of any sort so I did a bit of research on Dormicum and got quite a mixed bag of information!

Is there anything in particular I need to know or be aware of?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Garp,

Dormicicum contains Midazolam which is a benzodiazepine type hypnotic. The most important thing is to take it only in the dose that your doc prescribed, and only when needed. Apart from the expected drowsiness and sedation, less common side-effects include disorientation or confusion and problems with walking. If used too often dependance and tolerance may occur. In rare cases anterograde amnesia has been reported even with with single doses of the drugs.