Question
Posted by: Emma | 2004/09/30

Donws

I just want to know, if they do the blood test for Downs Syndrome at 16 weeks, and maybe an amino test there after, which is positive for Downs, can the pregnancy still be terminated, and up to when can it be terminated? Do the times for a normal abortion and that of a termination due to Downs differ?

Pregnancy can still be terminated up to about 20 weeks.

1
Posted by: Francis | 2004/09/30

I think you can have an abortion up to 21 weeks, but with a good reason. Before 12 weeks you don't have to give a reason.

It stays your choice up until 21 weeks, but the law must decide if you want an abortion after 12 weeks.

Good luck with your decision

Reply to Francis