Question
Posted by: Unhappy | 2007/04/24

Dont want to make wrong decision

i've been working for my current employer for the last 3 yrs, over the last 2 yrs promises of permanency were made but early this year we were told that there were misunderstandin somewhere, we will not become perm any time soon. Last week i was given a contract to sigh which stated that my contract expires next year March.... which means come March 2008 i might be out of a job.
yesterday i registered with another employment agency which asked if i would take a temp job with prospects of become perm. i kindly said said NO. After spendin three yrs at my current job, being told i'll become a perm and havin my employer go back on his word was just somethin i was not willin to re-live.
im not one to take risks, and if i do, i take calculated ones.This morning on my way to work i started thinkin that since im fed up at my job, maybe i should take up another temp job, maybe there when they say i'll become perm they will stick to their word, but then i got worried that what if they tell me the contract will not be re-newed, i'll end up with no money to pay my bills.
i really want to leave my job as my totally unhappy here. I want to try somethin new and different, but im afraid to leave a bad situation only to find myself in a worse one.

would it be wise to leave this job for another temp one without really knowing what the future holds for me at the other job?

Pls advice, im at my wits-end .( Sigh)

I'll leave this question for answering by those of our readers really experienced in this area.

2
Posted by: RMC | 2007/04/24

think about it this way -- what is permanent? they could take you permanently and go bankrupt the next day? Nothing in life has a guarantee sadly. but if you think you can get a decent income by doing some temp assignments here and there and get the odd day off inbetween (and remember kelly pays you leave days) ..... go for it

Reply to RMC
Posted by: Lotty | 2007/04/24

Think about it carefully, its a catch 22, what if your current employer was really going to take you permanent, what if they won't, what if the other job you will really become permanent. Pray about it and listen to your heart, i don't think that you will find yourself in a situation where you don't have employment at all, when one door close the other door opens.

I was in a situation where i couldn't take the pressure that i went through at work, i told my family that i am leaving that job, they discouraged me cause i didn't have a job nor any interviews lined up, i resigned, and that very day i got a call from a company that i didn't even apply with them i got that job. What i'm saying is you either change the attitude and believe that your current employer will give you a perm position or you go to the new one with a new attitude that they will take you permanent.

Good Luck

Reply to Lotty