Question
Posted by: Thina | 2004/10/26

Dont waana work anymore!

What do u do when u are soooo unhappy at ur work and the only reason pushing u to work is getting income at the end of the month. U complained and nothing is done.

If they find u applying for another job, do they have a right to fire you?.

What happens when reporting 'Preferentail treatment' to CCMA. will they find out? If they do, will they fire u?

Thina, I don't believe anyone has the right to fire you for applying for any other job, and complaints to the CCMA are supposed to be protected --- but call the CCMA and ask them.

2
Posted by: Also | 2004/10/26

Don't worry Thina, I am in exactly the same boat - and working in a pompous male-dominated environment.
I've got an interview this afternoon, all I can suggest is that you NEVER GIVE UP. I've been looking for over 6 months now - I will not just take anything, so I am carefully weighing my options so I don't desperately jump into another unhappy situation.
And no, they cannot fire you. My company found out that I went for interviews, and all I've done is tried to schedule for before or after working hours, so they thuink I've stopped looking. I HAVEN'T and neither should you. Go for it, and I'm holding thumbs for you.
JUst don;'t burn your bridges and do anything out of resentment, just forge ahead and keep your integrity at work.
Cheers.

Reply to Also
Posted by: No Pro | 2004/10/26

Your company can't just fire you, the law protects YOU. Look for a new job!

Reply to No Pro