Question
Posted by: Kerry | 2007/04/04

Dont understand - Lies!!!

Hi Everybody!!!
This is probably not as important as most postings but anyway! I went to lunch with some of my collegues today and while we were all having a jolly chat . My colleagues ex girlfreind called and to everbody's amazement... when she asked what he was doing... he replied that he was visiting a client!!! Thats like really strange cos if she is your ex then you dont owe her any explantions but then you also dont have to lie!!! Why is it so hard for men to be honest and straight forward?

We all teased him about the conversation and he ended up saying that if i told her i was out with friends, she'd throw a fit. But i dont understand cos thats the truth and the truth should be told.
Then he also made it very clear that he has no relationship with her and that they just decided to remain friends.
Its strange , the world is strange, peolpe are strange!!

Also, if he was merely having lunch with a group of friends from work, why couldn't he say so ? IF she is an ex, she shouldn't be calling, shouldn't throw a fit whatever he says, and neither of them ought to care that much about each other, still

7
Posted by: RMC | 2007/04/04

My MIL and SIL are both so bad that they even wind up believing their own lies.

Seriously.

Reply to RMC
Posted by: dreamgal | 2007/04/04

My boyfriend is a complusive liar that lies about everything and just recently i he told me he needs help he doesnt understnad why he lies.I really dont get what people get out of it are they looking 4 attention or they really need help.

dreamgal

Reply to dreamgal
Posted by: RMC | 2007/04/04

Perhaps he was afraid she would tell his mommy? LOL

I agree re the honesty thing. And yes Blondie, invite him!

Reply to RMC
Posted by: Kerry | 2007/04/04

Blondie , you should invyt him. Be open and enjoy your spare time together!!!
But my point is my friend does not have a relationship with this woman.
Whats wrong with honesty???

I appreciate honesty more than anything in my friends !!!

Reply to Kerry
Posted by: RMC | 2007/04/04

Seesh, and last night my husband and I were invited up the road to have a few drinks with some people. By then I was tired and ready to sleep so told him to just go by himself. No lies there.

Perhaps he knows that in this one horse town it is so small I will find out if he lies (and vice versa) - but what is the point of lying anyway?

Reply to RMC
Posted by: Blondie | 2007/04/04

Hi Kerry

I'm in the same boat as your friend I'm a married woman and once a month on a friday we (collegues) together go for a drink after work, I work until 5pm but on that friday we go at 4pm, so no late nights and most of the time we discuss work but I'm scared my husband won't understand so I tell him nothing as I get home in time. If he does phone then I'm also in a meeting. Is it so bad, at least I keep the peace, I actually thought I should invite him with next time.

Have a great day
Blondie

Reply to Blondie
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/04/04

Go to www dot guidetopsychology dot com / honesty dot htm # lies

It's really interesting!

Reply to Echelle