Question
Posted by: lost | 2008/07/24

dont know who i am anymore

how would like to know how it is possible? i used to love watching cricket and rugby. many other things i used to like too. i would like to know how is it possible after all these years ive lost interest. i dont know myself anymore. what i know is i use to give all my love and attention to this. i thought by doing this i wouldnt get hurt. by loving and trusting and giving my attention to people i always landed up disappointed getting hurt. last year i was put into a situation where i had to put down my wall, open up to people, start trusting them and love new friends i meet. only late in last year after sept i started losing interest and not sure what i like anymore and where i fit in. its frustating.

There are several possibilities, obviously, but one often neglected sign of a developing Depression ( and sometimes actual noticeable sadness isn't so prominent ) is a loss of enjoyment of whatever one used to enjoy. Maybe if you have been disappointed and saddened by how SOME people responded to yourtreating them well, that's understandable. From the sound of it, Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ( CBT ) might be an excellent way of dealing with this situation, and one that could have lasting benefits for you

6
Posted by: Lolo | 2008/07/24

Stop being a seat-warmer in life and give yourself an instant confidence injection.

It’ s the best thing you can do to shake up your life, because it makes you human to the people who know and love you, and it helps you to loosen up and take life less seriously. So, if you feel you’ re holding on tight because you’ re afraid you’ re going to fall or fail, leap in and make a fool out of yourself. Good opportunities include karaoke, public speaking and new sports.
Admitting ignorance.

You’ ll never learn anything if you’ re not willing to put your hand up and find out the answer. Not the easiest thing to do in life, especially if you feel it’ ll weaken your position and allow others to take advantage  but the fact is, saying “ I don’ t know”  is an attitude eyeopener. Why? Because it releases you from having to pretend that you’ re in the know, allows others to see you as fallible (there’ s real strength in that), and literally opens the door to more knowledge –  something you can never get enough of!

Starting again whenever you can.

There’ s nothing more exhilarating than making a resolution that, from tomorrow, you and your life are going to be different. However, the reason most people blow their resolution is because the second it goes wrong, they consider themselves a failure. So re-boot your attitude again any time you want or need to. The end

Reply to Lolo
Posted by: Maria | 2008/07/24

Hi Lost. Psychologists used to talk about midlife crisis, but they' ve now added " quarter life crisis" , something many people go through at your age, trying to figure out who you are. It' s quite normal for interests and outlook on life to change as you get older and " grow up" . It is also possible, as CS says, that you are depressed. You can go to your gp, or call Lifeline: 0861 322 322 / Depression and Anxiety Group helpline:8am-8pm (011) 262-6396 for referral to a counseller in your area.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Dont know who i am anymore? | 2008/07/24

im 25 years old.

Reply to Dont know who i am anymore?
Posted by: lost | 2008/07/24

im 25 years old.

Reply to lost
Posted by: Lolo | 2008/07/24

You sound like you have reached marginal utility in economics (point of satisfaction) each and every person' s need keeps changing and there is a ponit where you become satisfied and want nothing do do with that specific need.

Sports plays part of social need and now you need to find something that will replace that. it is actually norman there is nothing wrong with you, you are growing and need to move inline with growth, play Golf and see!

Reply to Lolo
Posted by: Maria | 2008/07/24

It sounds as if you are in a period of change and growth in your life, which is often scary and painful but can open up lots of new opportunities. How old are you?

Reply to Maria