Posted by: Jessie | 2009/02/17

Dont know what to do anymore

Hi there

My husband and I have been married now for almost a year but have been dating for about 5 years before that. We have always had a good sex life - having intercourse about every second night. But recently my husband has been struggling to have an erection - and if he does as soon as there is penetration it all goes soft again. A friend advised that we try the High Rise tablets - it worked the first time that we used it and not again after that. We still remain very close but it is bothering him though - he is only 27.

Is there something else someone can advise we try???


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageSexologist

I would recommend that you seek the assistance from you local General Practitioner – he/she will be able to provide you with medical advice as well a recommendations with regards the correct medication needed. Several emotional, psychological and stress factors could also contribute to the experience of erectile dysfunction. Psychologically the fear in anticipation of a reoccurrence a “failing penis” increases the probability of it happening. The assistance of a professional counselor could be valuable in guiding you both in dealing with this in a constructive manner. Try to focus on your journey and enjoying the sexual intimacy and closeness and less on whether the penis will perform in the end.

A website that could be helpful is You are welcome to phone the SASHA Helpline – 0860 100 262; and a facilitator will be able to assist you in finding a practitioner as close as possible to you.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Lee | 2009/02/17

You need to treat the cause not the symptom. He needs to discuss with you what is worrying him, alternatively he needs to go for a full check up to rule out any medical condition.

Reply to Lee

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.