Question
Posted by: Thandiswa | 2008/01/10

Dont know what to do anymore

I met this guy in August 2005, we really got together well, he has 2 daughters and I have none. Last year December 15, he sent people to pay lobola for me, and all went well, but immediately after the lobola's I have suddently changed I dont have feelings for him anymore, I dont know what happened because he is very sweet, always want to listen to what I have to say and we sit together, discuss before we would implement anything in our life.
I think its because he is too sweet always at home, does not want to mix with other men in that case just looking at me in the eye, that bothers a lot and I am afraid i will live my mother alone with no-one to be with. I am the one who is taking care of her, I am forever wondering and have even lost wait.
The other thing is his child I think I will not be able to cope with a spoilt child and if we will be in the same roof then its going to be a big problem.

Tell me what went wrong and how do I solve this, do I continue with the marriage or not.

He sounds like a very nice man, the sort many women would be happy to have --- is it that you perhaps find him a bit too sweet and tender, and expect him to be more assertive ? Why not see a relationship / marriage counsellor together to explore such issues before deciding about whether it would be wise to move closer to mariage ?

1
Posted by: Joy | 2008/01/10

If you know in your heart that this is not the man you should be spending your life with then dont go through with it. You dont need us (complete strangers) telling you to take on such a big step as to get married or not. You still sound very young and inexperienced..how old are you by the way?

Reply to Joy