Question
Posted by: pta lady | 2007/04/11

dont know what to do

i am a 48 year old woman. my hole family has one or a nother cancer. most of them died from it how do i protect my self from not getting it or cure it in time. from my grandma till my suster they all have the malanoma or intenstine or lung canser no one drink or smoke

Dear Pta Lady
You can prevent cancer by eating healthy foods, taking anti-oxidants, avoiding preservatives and very refined foods, high fat foods, and living a healthy lifestyle. Certain cancers run in families - one has to do regular breast examinations, see your doctor yearly for a medical check up, and avoid the sun or use sunblock to prevent melanoma.
see also http://www.cancerhelp.org.uk/help/default.asp?page=107