Question
Posted by: mandy | 2004/10/25

Donq Quai for treating fibroids and ovarian cyst

I would like to know if the natural supplement Dong Quai in beneficial in preventing and treating ovarian cysts and uterine fibroids as I believe they are caused due to too much oestrogen and Dong Quai is supposed to treat hormone imbalances. I read an article about a woman that had hormone problems and after taking Dong Quai and natural progresterone her problems improved and she was able to have a child. I would also like to know where you can buy natural progesterone and if it would help with treating ovarian cysts and uterine fibroids. I also heard that eating too much soya can cause an imbalance in hormones. Is this true and can it lead to ovarian cysts and uterine fibroids?

Expert ImageNatural health

Dear Mandy

Dong Quai to my knowledge does not have clinical proof in relation to the question you ask. However, it has been used by Chinese women for many years to help them in many areas of female problems. Their lifestyle and diet also need to be considered in the effect of DQ.

Dong Quai in my opinion can do no harm.

The best advice we can offer is for you to please seek the advice of an experienced homeopath as we definitely know that a homeopath will be able to help you in this regard.

Natura has a Progesterone product and it is available from pharmacies and health stores.

Kind regards.

Estie

1
Posted by: Angie | 2004/11/04

Natural progesterone can be found in Wild Yam.
Wild Yam is available in a cream or get form from A White's chemist in Cape Town. Also read the book "Passage to Power" all about dealing with female hormones from cradle to grave. Lots of good things said in there regarding natural progesterone for menopausal women instead of going the dangerous HRT route. Also not one thing helps everyone. Menopause can be dealt with symptomatically, i.e. don't eat hot foods like curries if you get hot flushes, etc.

Reply to Angie