Question
Posted by: Me | 2006/11/02

Dong Quai - re-post, no answer

I posted this ages ago with no reply - please help!
The lady at the Health Food store recommended I take Dong Quai for my constant breakouts (caused by hormones.) I am also on Ginette (birth control) for both contraceptive and skin-clearing purposes (I am 26 and still have relatively bad skin - have been on the Ginette for about 2 years with little result.) I read about hormonal interactions with contraceptives when taking Dong Quai - I don't want to become pregnant, is there a danger it could affect my pill's efficacy? Should I stop using it?
Me

Expert ImageNatural health

HI

did reply to this query. Dong quai might be indicated but there is contradictory information if you should be on both the same time. Homoepathic remedies might be more advisable. You can try Hormeel from Heel for a month with essential fatty acids (1000mg twice daily). If you had this problem for so long a consult with a practitioner might pick up imbalances of minerals or other causes of your problem that might be contributing.

regards
dr Debbie