Question
Posted by: MICHELLE | 2004/03/08

DONE THE OVULATION TEST

Well i did test first thing Saturday morning with my ovulation kit.

It showed up that i am ovulating, so i had sex Saturday and yesterday (ovulating today).

Is there a chance that i could end up pregnant this time as the other months i have been counting wrong with my cycle i hope i do.

Should i have sex today seen as i am ovulating today or because i had sex Saturday and Sunday that is a good chance?

Write back very happy.

Good luck. the recommendation is sex every second day starting two days before ovulation to two days after.

14
Posted by: Nix - the original one | 2004/03/08

Hey, seems like there's another Nix on the forum. I'm sure it will be confusing for everyone as they know me - I've been on the site for over a year already. please change your name to something else Nixxx or something, please.

Thanks so much!

Reply to Nix - the original one
Posted by: Nix | 2004/03/08

Yes thats right. But don't get stressed if you don't fall pregnant this month, it can take up to a year for a normal healthy couple.

Reply to Nix
Posted by: Michelle | 2004/03/08

Hey Nix

Thanks for that, so even if i dont have sex tonight it dont matter as there is a great chance i could be pregnant as i had sex the days before ovulation.

Reply to Michelle
Posted by: Nix | 2004/03/08

Yes, sat and sunday would be the best chance. The days before ovulation are when you are most likely to conceive. Sex every night is not good as the man needs time to build up sperm.

Reply to Nix
Posted by: Michelle | 2004/03/08

Hey Nix

Yea i have heard that the egg lasts only for 12-48 hours and that sperm can last up to 7 days, that is why i got a bit confused.

I had sex sat and Sun so is that a good chance, what would you say have sex tonight or by having sex yesterday and sat is good.

write back

Reply to Michelle
Posted by: Nix | 2004/03/08

Theres such a lot of different info regarding survival of egg and sperm. All the sites and books I've read say the egg will only last 12 - 48 hours but sperm will last 2 - 5 days depending on the quality of your cervical mucus. The other thing is that you are unlikely to conceive by having sex the day after ovulation as the egg is probably already dying off by the time the sperm gets there. What is right and whats wrong?

Reply to Nix
Posted by: Lindy | 2004/03/08

Hi Michelle

When you ovulat the egg is fertile for 48 to 72 hours. The sperm that is inside you will stay alive for a day or two. Skip tonight and try again tomorrow, you still have some time even if you are ovulating today.

Reply to Lindy
Posted by: MICHELLE | 2004/03/08

Hi Norma

I agree with you yes it is making love. I dont think of sex as baby making.

Can i just ask is it a good chance seen as i did it at the weekend?

Will it be ok if i leave it tonight then seen as i am ovulating today?

Sorry to be a pain i am just excited.

Reply to MICHELLE
Posted by: Norma | 2004/03/08

I'm glad you are ovulating now, and I think you should leave the sex for tonight and try tom morning again, just to give your man some time to rest. I heard that the quality of the sperm's is not that good if you have sex everyday.

Just relax and don't think about sex as baby making but as love making..... that's what it is all about isn't it?

Good luck, keep us posted

Reply to Norma
Posted by: MICHELLE | 2004/03/08

Hi Amazed

I do tell my boyfriend i love him, i dont have sex just for a baby.

I am relaxed i just get a bit excited.

Just a quick question because i had sex on Sat and Sun should i leave having sex tonight the day i am ovulating or should i have sex tonight and then not tommorrow, what would you say.

|Thanks for keeping your fingers crossed for me i appriciate it.

Reply to MICHELLE
Posted by: Amazed | 2004/03/08

Hi Michelle,

Must agree with Shana, just chill girlfriend.
In very much the same boat as you, but know that stressing will limit the chances. You estimated that you will be ovulating
by the 8th and 2 days before you've tested positive. Now stick to the basics ... relax, shag every 2 days & keep you fingers crossed.
Also, let you poor man know that you love and adore him, and that shagging is not all about making a baby ... remember, it takes 2 to tango ....

Otherwise, girl this might just be YOUR month ... keep us posted !!!

Best of luck :-)

Reply to Amazed
Posted by: Shana | 2004/03/08

Hi Michelle

Relax, and don't be so paranoid about falling pregnant. You might be doing everything according to the book, but since you are so stressed up about the whole thing, it might not work....

You are only 20 years old - you have a whole lifetime to get married and fall pregnant. Relax, sit back, and enjoy life - you will fall pregnant naturally when the time is right .

I feel very sorry for your boyfriend, it sounds like he is just sex object in this whole exercise. Give yourself time.

Reply to Shana
Posted by: MICHELLE | 2004/03/08

Hi Mom2b

Even though i had sex on sat and Sun is that still ok though.

Should i have sex tonight as im ovuting today or because i ahd sex Sat and Sun that is good.

So it is a good chance.

Oh is this normal for the past couple of days my tummy has been feeling like a vary vary light ache like i have a week before my period. Is this due to the fact i am ovulating or could it be where the sperm has met my egg.

Sprry to be a pain to you all.

Reply to MICHELLE
Posted by: MOM2B | 2004/03/08

Hi Michelle

Normally you should have sex every 2nd day during the ovulation period. This gives your husband a chance to produce more sperm.

Your changes are very good of falling pregnant.

I'll hold thumbs for you!!!

Reply to MOM2B