Question
Posted by: CJ | 2004/01/19

Donation of eggs, how does it work

I am interested in finding out how egg donation works. I am most probably going to donate one of my eggs to family friends who are battling to have children. I want to know what the implications are for me. What will be done to me etc etc.
Also please could you let me know of any internet sites i cn go to or any other material i can read to understand exactly how it all works
CJ

The procedure would involve giving you drugs to cause your ovaries to produce a number of eggs. The eggs will then be removed from the ovary. This is usually done by passing a thin tube through the bladder into the pelvis under ultrasound guidance. You would recieve sedation for this.
You could do a google search to check for websites.