Question
Posted by: Tess | 2004/10/18

Donar Egg

(Egg donar) Does the donar have to be the same blood type etc. or can I get an egg from anyone willing to donate. (My sister/motherfor example...)

The donor has to be between the ages of 18 and 34 preferably. sisters and relatives are fine

1
Posted by: Tracey | 2004/10/18

I am using donor sperm and you don't have to be the same blood type. I think you could use an egg from a family member, but its not recommended. If you use your mother's egg (if she still has viable eggs), you would in fact be giving birth to your sister, with your husband's sperm. It can all get a bit weird. We chose to go with anonymous donor sperm. perhaps speak to a fertility specialist and get his opinion. good luck and i hope everything works out well for u!!!!!

Reply to Tracey