Question
Posted by: Dindy | 2004/11/02

Don't play well with others...

Hi there,
I have a huge problem with meeting new people and having to make friends. i have one reallly good friend and for me thats enough, my husband worries, he says its not healthy. When we are in these situations, i don't open my mouth to anyone! I have started noticing this and wonder how i can deal with it and get over it?
Please HELP!!!

Dindy, sounds like shyness, and a counsellor could help a good deal. The aim isn't that you should have dozens of friends, but that you should not be limited, and should be free to have more friends, and maybe not be dependent on only one. Also, keep an eye on this forum, as I'm currently reviewing some books, including one on shyness and social anxiety, that's a good self-help guide, using the latest principles, to help you work on this yourself. As soon as it's practical, I'll be getting these reviews posted here, even with a link to make it easy to buy recommended books.