Question
Posted by: SHM | 2006/04/05

Don't know what's wrong.

Hi Doc.
I really hope you can help me.Hubby is very sick. This weekend he started feeling nausious and he fainted in the shower. Went to the doc and there was blood in his urine. A lot. He also had headaches, fatigueness and basically his whole body is sore. He says it feels like his bones. Then, on Sunday he also had blood in his stools. Doc did a urine test and it just showed that he had blood in his urine. They tested for balarzia(spelling) and I don't know what else. Cyberdoc said that it could be a problem with his clotting factor. I went onto the internet and found deceases related to this. There is one that relates to all his symptoms: Disseminated intravascular coagulation(DIC). What do you think are the chances that he has this? We will speak to his doctor again about more tests, but I just want another opinion.
Ps. His blood has gone, as well as his vomiting. But the other symptoms are still there.

Expert ImageArchive

I don't think the changes are good of him having a DIC. He needs a proper examination and workup.

1
Posted by: SHM | 2006/04/05

Ps. He also had balharzia two years ago. Could it come back? And he also saw something in the toilet after urinating. It was round with a tail like thing. About 5mm long.

Reply to SHM