Question
Posted by: liger | 2005/07/23

don't know what to do?

it was about 5 years ago that an incident happened. i dropped a dumbell on my right big toe and it bled a little but not to the point that my nail would call off. the next week i started a swimming class at my high school pool.. then i started noticing that in a certain section the upper right portion of the nail started looking discolored almost in the same area of the indcident. i later had a physical three years laterand asked my doctor asked what happened and lost the pills. the doctor said it fungus. but now five years later the fungus has progressed. my toe nail now is half ways discolored, and just recently started hurting. as i was cutting the toe nail i noticed at the infected part of the nail the meat of the toe is no longer intact with the nail. what do i do to fix the infected area?

Expert ImageArchive

You need to go to a podiatrist (call the South African Podiatry assn 0861 100 249)
and ask for a podiatrist near you and they will be able to treat you quite easily
If there are no podiatrists near you then go to a dermatologist