Posted by: scared | 2009/02/17

don' t know

i have recently broke up with my b/f said he needs space a month to be exactl - due to little things that have been building up (not fulfilling my chores around the house etc.) i have started seeing a psycologist as I want him back and realise I need to sort myself out) and she is determined to put me on anti-depressants I feel one will be emotional and that I must not suppress my emotions example : if i have a headache for I don' t even take tablets for that I feel uncomfortable with her suggesting this...don t know what to do.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

It all depends on whether a reliable diagnosis has been made ( and if the person is intending tom prescribe ADs, she's presumably a psychiatrist, as psychologists can't prescribe medicines ). Ads are useless if one is simply upset ; they are only of any use for treating true Depression, properly diagnosed, and I wonder whether you have such a depression. One cannot diagnose a depression that has lasted only a week or so, either.
So check the diagnosis and how it was made. NO drug will help you sort out wanting back a man who doesn't want to come back. For a genuine and severe depression, it would be wise to try them, You might not take a tablet for an ordinary headache --- if you had a seriously broken leg, it might be a good idea to use stronger pain-killers.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.