Posted by: Need to know | 2009/01/27

don' t i have a sex drive.

I don' t enjoy sex at all and i don' t climax. When i start having sex, foreplay gets me all worked up and wet but when it comes to the actuall intercourse i can go for a long time, but nothing happens.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageSexologist

I'm not clear whether you are able to climax through other means (e.g. clitoral stimulation either alone or with a partner through manual or oral stimulation), or only via penetrative intercourse....I will assume that this last one is what you mean...

Several things could be happening. It may be that you switch off for some reason (e.g. pain, put off by the act) or are not focusing sufficiently on your pleasurable sensations during penetration (and communicating these to your partner), or you don't know how to experience pleasure when it comes to penetration. If you experience pain, you need to establish why this is - go to a GP or gynae first to have this checked out. If there is no pain, but you feel little sensation, you could try tensing your pelvic floor muscle exercises (see during penetration to focus your attention on the area and tense on and off during penetration to refresh your awareness of the sensation. You may find that this enhances your sensation, not just your awareness. Furthermore, you could also try exploring your response by trying different angles of penetration. Many women experience pleasure through touching/rubbing the front wall of the vagina (about 3-5 cms inside), or the 'g-area'. In order to explore this, you will need to communicate clearly with your partner what does/doesn't feel nice.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Need to know | 2009/01/28

I will try n do that. i will have to see a gynae coz i do feel pain sometimes.


Reply to Need to know

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.