Question
Posted by: Af | 2004/02/25

Don't eat carbs but not loosing

I have a BMI of 22 but want to reduce it to 20. I run on the treadmill 5km per day and do some sit ups and push ups - 5 times a week.

Last August I found out that I was allergic to about all carbs and green Veg, soy, citrus fruits, sugar, honey, whey, and peanuts. Spinich and lettuce are the only green veg that I can eat. I have a spastic collon and get very bloated as I use sugar or carbs in the form of wheat and maize - bread are a no,no with me. I don't use a sugar substance nor margarine or butter.

What I want to know is why with all the running and low carb intake - (only yellow veg and fruits) Why can't I loose more weight. I'm 1.68m and 62kg. I can surtanly loose fat around my belly and breast but for more than two years I struggle to loose some weight. I know it can be done, I read it all the time that people can reduce their BMI even if they are on a healty weight.

Can anyone give me suggestions. Thanks

Expert ImageBodybuilding

Af,

You need to shift your focus and focus in stead on the size of your clothes and the way you look. I would suggest that you visit a dietician for an eating plan and go see a Biokineticist/Personal Trainer for a detailed and focussed exercise program.

If you cannot come right feel free to contact me again and we can see what we can do.

Keep well,

Conrad Booysen-Biokineticist