Question
Posted by: Susie | 2005/11/21

Don' know what to think....

Dear Doc,

I don't know what to think anymore. I am 49, this month I have not had a period although I have all the PMS symtoms. I understand that this happends at my age. What I don't understand is that my breats and my nipples have been sore and tender for the past 2 weeks. More so than with normal PMS. There is no discharge from the nipples. I have not found any lumps. What should I do? Will my gp be able to help. I cannot afford to go to a gyne again this year. I went for my yearly check up earlier this year. All was fine then. I am not on any hormone treatment yet.

Thank you.

It sounds like the hormone changes of the menopause. If all was well earlier in the year, there is no need to see anyone now, unless you wish to start HRT.

2
Posted by: Susie | 2005/11/22

Hi Jean,

I pray that I am not pregnant!!! At 49 I had not really thought that that could be the reason!!! Chemist here I come....

Thanks.

Reply to Susie
Posted by: Jean | 2005/11/22

Do you think that there is a chance that you could be pregnant? If so, maybe do a home pregnancy test.

Reply to Jean