Posted by: Eddie | 2009/01/12

Domestic Worker

I have had a good African girl working 6 hours a week for me, for the last 11 years. She is over 60 years old now and cannot cope
no longer as she is not well. She is on a Government Pension. What are the rules for me to pay her off to retire and what notice
should she be given? She earns at present a weekly payment of R125 Please advise?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageLabour lawyer

Re: Domestic Worker

It is suggested that you consult with her with regard to her retirement. If you go through a retrenchment program it is a dismissmal for operational requirements you would lpay her one weeks pay per completed year of service i.e. 11 weeks pay.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Eddie | 2009/01/13

Sorry context was not correctly written calling her a girl, as I no she is a mature lady.

Reply to Eddie
Posted by: Birdie | 2009/01/13

Please don' t call a fully grown women who might be a mother to many, a girl.

Reply to Birdie

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.