Question
Posted by: Angie | 2008/06/13

Domestic Worker

I have a domestic who has been working for me for about 3 years. She does not want a contract and works one day (8am to 1pm) a week for me. I pay her R85 day.
I am a single mom and receive no financial support. With all the current interest rate and petrol increases etc i can no longer afford to have her (she is my luxury).
How do i advise her of this legally?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

you need to have a contract with the domestic worker this is aboslutely imperative and legal. If you cannot afford her any longer you need to have a discussion with her in terms of a possible retrenchment.

2
Posted by: u | 2008/06/30

Jaag die ding weg

Reply to u
Posted by: TODAY | 2008/06/19

I wish to employ someone monday and friday...but I am not sure how much to pay. I dont get a fantastic salalry but I work far from home and dont the time to do it. I have a son of 16years old and me that is all.the house is very small.....
1) what do i need (legaly)
2) how much

If there is anything else I need please let me know

thank you

Reply to TODAY