Posted by: Angie | 2008/06/13

Domestic Worker

I have a domestic who has been working for me for about 3 years. She does not want a contract and works one day (8am to 1pm) a week for me. I pay her R85 day.
I am a single mom and receive no financial support. With all the current interest rate and petrol increases etc i can no longer afford to have her (she is my luxury).
How do i advise her of this legally?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageLabour lawyer

you need to have a contract with the domestic worker this is aboslutely imperative and legal. If you cannot afford her any longer you need to have a discussion with her in terms of a possible retrenchment.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: u | 2008/06/30

Jaag die ding weg

Reply to u
Posted by: TODAY | 2008/06/19

I wish to employ someone monday and friday...but I am not sure how much to pay. I dont get a fantastic salalry but I work far from home and dont the time to do it. I have a son of 16years old and me that is all.the house is very small.....
1) what do i need (legaly)
2) how much

If there is anything else I need please let me know

thank you

Reply to TODAY

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.