Question
Posted by: Antoinette | 2008/05/28

Domestic Worker

I have a basic contract with my domestic worker; she is now working for me just over a year. She used up all her vacation leave, at the beginning of May she phoned me and told me that she needs to take 3 weeks leave because of her husband that is ill. She was supposed to be back at the beginning of this week but I didn't hear from her. What are my rights, must I just wait in vain for her until she decides to come back or can I give her notice? And if so how do I go about it?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

nornally if someone doesn't return from leave one can employ a temporary worker pending an outcome of an investigation and possibly a disciplinary hearing which could lead to dismissal

1
Posted by: Moi | 2008/05/29

I also have a standard cotract with my helper.However she used to diappear like that with no excise,I gave her a warning,and on Monday with no notice or anything,told me she was not coming back!What can I do?

Reply to Moi