Question
Posted by: tebo | 2007/04/25

domestic problems

my helper/nanny is a wonderful person and i appreciate her help a lot. cos she takes care of my 4yr old son very well. even is this is her first job
i earn around R6000 and have to pay the flat that im renting. and i pay all the sons expenses and others. the dad is unemployed and helps when his small business makes a profit.

i pay my helper R650 and she sleeps in. but when she goes home monthend i give her transport money of R200 to cover travelling costs.

i have allowed her to do other jobs so that she can add to her income. and so far its 2 jobs. one of this is that she does washing once a week for her cousin who live nearby and the cousin pays her R150 per month. this is just for doing the laundry and not ironing.

2 months ago, she asked me if she can do her cousin's laundry at my place and i agreed and but mentioned that she can use my stay soft but the cousin has to bring her own washing powder. on one occasion the cousin did not bring the soap and becos we know each other, i raised the matter with the cousin and she promised that monthend she will buy me a box of washing powder. however that promise never happened.

on the second occasion, the laundry bag was in my bathroom with her dirty clothes and it fell on the floor. when putting the clothes in the bag then i noticed that the washing powder was not there and later when asking the helper, she apologised for not telling me that the cousin did not bring the washing powder and she promised to ask her cousin.

its now another week and she saw the cousin twice but she has not responded.

im thinking that to prevent further problems, the washing must be done at the cousin's place. is this wrong or im overeacting?

pls advice me

,,,,,

3
Posted by: Maria | 2007/04/25

You could also deduct the cost of the washing powder from the helper's salary, although I'm not sure if that is legal. It will definitely help her remember to get washing powder from her cousin in future.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/04/25

What about the electricity and water costs? It's like you do her washing for free, nothing is for free anymore, hide your soap whenever she brings her laundry! You shouldn't have let her use the staysoft in the first place, because now she thinks you won't mind the powder as well. Just hide the stuff where they can't find it..

Reply to Echelle
Posted by: me | 2007/04/25

they have to stop this nonsense and if she doesn't want to they must both voetsek and stop taking advantage of you like that!!!

Reply to me