Question
Posted by: Jenn | 2006/11/14

Doing the right programme

I'm getting married in April, and I have a bit of work on my body before that time. My height is 1.56 and my weight is about 56kg.
I don't think my weight is the problem, but I have lots of centimeters to lose. My upper inner thighs rub against each other and I have a problem around my tummy and upper arms. About two weeks ago I started going to the gym. I eat okay and I drink lots of water. I'm doing two programmes which I got from the health24 website. I'm using the Cycle & Running for beginners (10 weeks) and the toning (bikini body in 11weeks) programmes. Over weekends I will do one sesion of taebo. Will this help me to lots of centimeters?? And some weight too?? I need to get in shape by end of Februarie since my dress will be made in that time. Am I on the right track??

Hi Jean

I'm sure it will be of some help, I hope all the help you are after! It's hard to say for sure that it WILL work, because there are many factors that are involved, including diet which is hopefully good - I know you said it's OK, but it's worth checking out with a dietician for best results.

Now you just need to stick with it, and set reasonable goals. My advice on goals is that you should not set a goal of trying to lose weight - you will gain muscle, and this causes all kinds of confusion. That's why I always suggest that people focus on getting fitter and stronger from training. If you do this, you will see change happening, provided you stick with.

So good luck, give it time and hang in there. You don't have that much weight to lose - maybe a few kilograms, so keep that fitness goal in mind!