Our expert says:
I am sorry to hear of your loss.I am not at liberty to say whether you are responsible or not for the loss of your beloved dog.
Please remember that we learn from our experiences and then move forward with that information to better our knowledge and understanding.
Whelping bitch – what to do and look out for
• Most bitches whelp during the night
• Loss of appetite
• Slight temperature drop from 38.5ºC to 37.5ºC.
• Restlessness and the need to continually relieve herself.
• Shivering and abdominal contractions.
• Rupture of the amnotic sac – breaking her waters.
• Once contractions start the bitch may start to push. If no pups are born within 2hrs of this stage then seek veterinary advice immediately as there may be complications.
Once again, I'm sorry for your loss, Jojo.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal
advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.