Question
Posted by: Joan | 2007/03/08

dogs tearing bed apart

Hi All, Anne who posted earlier made me decide to ask for advice, you all know my friends dogs are staying by me and we have a small flat so the bed is a sleeper couch which is a bed by night and couch by day, the problem comes in when i am at work, the dogs have finally ripped it into two seperate pieces, i can't understand this they have lots of toys and a relatively big garden to play in so why my bed, they have pulled all the sponge out and even gone as far as ripping my duvet covers and sheets in half to get to the sponge, can any one explain this???

This can be part of them "having fun" or due to separation anxiety and a behaviour specialist should be able to tell you which on and how to go about treating it.