Question
Posted by: Ashley | 2007/03/14

Dogs bark ALL NIGHT

I have to male spaniels, 4 and 5 years old. They bark right through the night. We've recently moved into a new townhouse, so far we're the only residents, so if the dogs bark it's not a problem (althought my husband and I are severly deprived of sleep). But I'm already preparing myself for ALOT of complaints once more people start moving in. We've tried letting them sleep in the garage, outside, you name it. What they actually bark at I don't know. My husband and I take turns runnig downstairs to try and get them to keep quiet. I really need some advice, I can't bare the thought of having to find them a new home, which will be impossible, as they tend to be a bit unpredictable sometimes, and get snappy every now and then towards strangers. PLEASE HELP

Pleas eget hold of some DAP from your vet and plug it in in the garage where they sleep.

6
Posted by: Ashley | 2007/03/16

Well I'm getting desperate, so I'll try anything, does anyone know how much DAP costs? I'll pop round the vet's this weekend.

Reply to Ashley
Posted by: DC | 2007/03/15

DAP is available from vets everywhere and works very well for this sort of thing.

Reply to DC
Posted by: WR | 2007/03/14

DAP = Dog Appeasing Pheromone.

Reply to WR
Posted by: Ashley | 2007/03/14

What is DAP and what does it do?

Reply to Ashley
Posted by: Ashley | 2007/03/14

Yes they are potty trained. I have bought them nice beds and blankies, I really thought they would be fine in the garage, as it's clean, tiled and there's enough space, but obviously it's not what they want. Although I do let them inside after work and that I'm not too keen on them sleeping in the bedrooms, and they're little buggers, if I leave them in the lounge they'll get comfy on the couches...and although I love them to bits, the couches, bedrooms and beds are off limits! But I'm at my wits end, so I might have to make their dream come true and let them in the bedroom, because like I said, I'll find it firtually impossible to find them a new home, and i don't want to do that.

Reply to Ashley
Posted by: Marietjie | 2007/03/14

Are they 'potty' trained?
Why can't they sleep inside, get a nice bed for each and put it in the room they would like to sleep in......
With all the poisoning of dogs going around, my 2 border collies are sleeping inside, I close the doggie-door and keep them inside. Mostly they sleep right through, sometimes they wake me up with a light nudge with the nose to go and wee.

Remember that dogs hear sounds we can't and that will keep them barking at it, whatever it is??

Your neighbours to be will hate you if you don't do something now......

Reply to Marietjie