Question
Posted by: Missy | 2008/01/21

Dog's Foot Pad worn out

My Jack Russel's foot pad has worn out completely. Its just the 1 toe on the 1 paw. It could have been from too much running and jumping on tar. Its completely worn off, its pink! She has starting waking on 3 legs cos it hurts so much.

I have bandaged it with betadine but it didn't help.
How can i help it heal properly?

Thanks!

A bandage to protect it for about a ewek will be a good idea. If the skin is broken you may need to have your vet treat the pad. In the long term if the dog is inclined to wear its pads you can use a Mikki boot to prtect the pads when you go out. There are also other forms of footwear avalable for dogs.