Question
Posted by: Jen | 2007/04/04

Dog Grooming

I am in desperate need of a Vet that will calm my Maltese when he has his hair trimmed.

He has been through atraumatic experience of being mauled by two older dogs, they jumped over the wall and mauled him, which resulted in him spending three nights in an animal hospital. Even since this incident three years ago he refuses to allow anyone to touch him. So I have to trim him myself.

I take him for his innoculations but we have so much fuss. As a puppy he was trained and was such a happy dog. He needs to be trimmed all over especially on his feet and under his belly. I try my best to trim him, but want him to have a neat cut. Is there any vet that will assist me in having him tranquilised and trimmed. I am willing to pay for this service.

Hoping to hear from you.

Jen

Where are you situated?

5
Posted by: Jen | 2007/04/11

Dear Cybervet

I am situated in Weltevredenpark - Roodepoort.

Reply to Jen
Posted by: Jen | 2007/04/04

Thanks you Blaau,

Will keep you posted on progress!!!!

Reply to Jen
Posted by: Blaah | 2007/04/04

remember change doesn't hapen over night this problem has been going on for a while now, so take your time with him, re-assure him, but then again don't fuss too much.

I am sure things will get better, have patience

and once again good luck

Reply to Blaah
Posted by: Jen | 2007/04/04

Dear Blaah

Thank you for the response, much appreciated. I will have a chat with me Vet and follow on what you have mentioned.

Yes, I agree with you on re-socialising my dog, however when he is with other dogs he barks and wants to run off to attack. I have contacted my local doggie school and will take him in for a few sessions and see how he responds.

Once again thank you, much appreciated.

Jen

Reply to Jen
Posted by: Blaah | 2007/04/04

Have you tried speaking to your vet and asking for him to prescribe something to calm your dog?
Then taking your dog to a parlour and staying there with him?

by the sounds of things your dog needs to be re-socialised, both with other dogs and people
perhaps contacting your nearest doggie school and discuss the problem with them, perhaps he can be re-introduced into classes slowly to get his confidence back.

Good Luck

Reply to Blaah