Posted by: BigGC | 2008/08/28

Dog constantly eating grass

I have a 4 year old male Pug, which we got from the Pug Club Rescue about a year ago. He is a beautiful dog, in excellent health, but is constantly eating grass - Only the fresh/new shoots, especially around the edge of the lawn. All our Pugs were raised on Eukanuba which is pretty expensive and supposedly top quality with all the necessary nutrients. What could possibly cause him to do this and is this harmful to his health? If so, how can one stop this behaviour?

Dear BigGC

Read the reply to the same question 1-3 days ago.

Posted by: Chill | 2008/08/28

Lots of dogs eat grass, for a variety of reasons. Sometimes it' s an emetic (to make themselves vomit), and sometimes it seems to me they just like it.

If the dog is otherwise healthy and fit, I wouldn' t worry too much about it - just make sure you don' t use garden pest remedies anywhere near the lawn!

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Zackaria | 2008/08/28

He has a major phycological defect, he thinks he is a sheep.

Reply to Zackaria