Question
Posted by: Pat | 2006/11/09

Dog Chewing metal on motor vehicle

My female dog aged 2yrs is always chewing the metal on my car.
I see the clear teeth marks. I have never known a dog to do this.
Could there be a teething problem. I now spray car with a spray to keep pets away. Worried about visitors cars.

No it won't be a teething problem as all the teeth should have come through by about 7-11 months. It would however be god for your vet to examine her just to mke sure all the teeth are where they should be. This can be a terribly destructive habit and cost serious money in repairs. She is going to need some help from a brhaviour specialist. Where are you situated?