Question
Posted by: alice | 2019/01/07

Xanor

Hi Cybershrink I was wondering if the xanor I have been taking for panic attacks a month back is the reason for some sudden weight loss I am experiencing?

- 2019/01/08

Hi Alice.
Xanax ( a trade name for Alprazolam ) is a sedative tranquilizer.  It could be associated with some weight gain as you might be less active, even drowsy, while taking it, but I would not expect it to cause weight loss ( if it reliably did so, more of us might be tempted to take it !). 
Has anything else changed in your life recently ? Diet ? Exercise ? Other drugs ?  Other symptoms ?  Maybe check with your GP and have a physical checkup to rule out any other possible ilnesses contributing to this.