Question
Posted by: Anli | 2004/09/27

Does Tannin occur in all teas ? even herbal teas ?

Please help!
My son of 3yrs has an iron deffinciency and is currently on an Iron Supplement Course for 5mnths. I've been giving him tea (camomile/rooibos/other herbal) on a daily basis since he was a baby, but have read (on this site) recently that too much tea is not good because of the tannin that lowers the absorbtion of iron.
Please advise me on this matter.

Expert ImageNatural health

Dear Anli

Chamomile, rooibos and fruit and herbal teas do not contain tannin.

Please give your son Bio-Strath as it has been clinically proven to increase the iron levels in the body. For a month or so, please give him Floradix Formula with the Bio-Strath Elixir. Floradix is a natural iron tonic that is not harmful to the body.

All the best.

Estie