Question
Posted by: Jody | 2004/10/18

Does stress affect one's sex drive?

My b/f is 20 years old and lately I have noticed that he is never in the mood for sex - when I ask him why he tells me that he just isn't in the mood as he is stressed out. What concerns me is I know he is the kind of guy who masturbates 2 to 3 times a day so I cant understand why he would rather masturbate then have sex with me? Is it possible that he is sleeping with someone else? Or am I just being over-sensitive ? Thanks

Stress certainly does affect ones sex drive. For some people it may temporarily increase it, as they look to escape from their worries ; for others, perhaps more often, it decreases desire and performance. Depression typically deceases sex drive. It's always posible that one's partner could be sleeping with someone else, though that's far from the only or even the major explanation of the situation you describe ; you know him, and we dont.

1
Posted by: ????? | 2004/10/19

If he masturbates there cannot be much wrong. Try some variety in your sex life, stroking,cuddling oral sex etc etc. The best time for sex when you are a male is early in the morning.
Some men are shy and may feel inhibited during sex. I have been married 18yrs and am still inhibited at times.

Reply to ?????