Question
Posted by: Escaping Sperm??? | 2004/01/20

Does sperm normally escape after sex?

Im 22 years old and had just left the pill about 2 months back.I was on it for about 6 months. During that time we used condoms as well. However we have decided to start a family now and have left everything. I notice that immediately after sex, sperm begins to leak out if i stand up or go to urinate. Is this normal or should we be worried?

Confused

Quite normal.

2
Posted by: Kate | 2004/01/20

If you are trying to fall pregnant, don't get up for at least 30 minutes after sex. Prop a pillow under your bum and try to hold as much sperm in as possible. You can ask your partner to get you some tissues to clean up if you feel like you will make a mess on the bed, but if you get up and go to the loo, you will lessen your chance of falling pregnant.

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Belle | 2004/01/20

This is quite normal. When you get up most of it will come out, the rest will swim up to your womb with some getting lost along the way. Whatever is left in your body will be absored by your body. Remember not to go to sleep before cleaning yourself.

Reply to Belle