Question
Posted by: Confusion | 2007/08/13

Does she still love me??

I have been with my girlfriend for 3 months now and everything has been going well until last week. She told me she needed some time to be with her friends for thursday and friday night which I was fine with. Then when I asked her where they were going (just like a boyfriend who is interested in his girlfriend does) she would try avoid answering me then told me i'm being too "choking" or trying to do too much.

Then on saturday we went for lunch and she told me she needs more time, the reason being that she is not used to being loved so much (I will give anything for my girlfriends) and she thinks things are going too hectic too soon and she wants time to be able to miss me...

So now I have been trying to give her space but for how long do I do this for and is it worth it? Am I holding onto hope that isn't there?? Will she eventually want me more if we just don't speak for a few days? This is really getting me depressed please help!

All advise is welcome please!

,,,,,

2
Posted by: nini | 2007/08/13

I am not an expert but i know this because i have been there myself...You simply gave too much too soon...You want her to love you so much that you are compromising yourself in the process..she is not ready for what you have to offer and you are just giving it to the wrong person.. I suggest you step back and look at the situation and decide if its what you want..hope you make the rihgt choice ...goodluck

Reply to nini
Posted by: Maria | 2007/08/13

It could be that your gf's feelings for you are not as strong as they used to be, but it's not necessarily true. In any healthy relationship each partner takes some time to do his or her own thing. This makes you a more interesting person to be with and also prevents boredom with each other. Perhaps the two of you just need to find a rhythm in your relationship which includes time together and time apart. It is a bit worrying that she didn't want to tell you where she was going. It could be that she just didn't think it was any of your business, or that it was a girls-only thing and she was a bit embarrassed. However without asking her you won't know.

Reply to Maria