Question
Posted by: Susie | 2007/06/06

Does one ever....

Hi there people,

I am 50 yrs old and I have lived alone (after 2 Divorces) for the last 3 years. I hate living alone, but I cannot change that. (I certainly don't ever want another man in my life). Does one ever get used to it and does it become easier to handle as time goes by this living alone....

Many people have lived alone for most of their lives, and have found various ways to enjoy it. If one has become used to living with some one, it can become something of a habit, but one can get used to it and enjoy it somewhat, too. What may be making it harder for you to get used to it is that you may be troubled by not having experienced lasting success in the two marriages, and may still regret this, and, though you say you've concluded that you dont want another man in your life, you may still see being alone as somehow representing failure, and resent it, rather than embracing its opportunities for diferent friendships and activities, and the focus being on what suits you in the singular rather than the plural

4
Posted by: Britty | 2007/06/06

If you want a man in your life then get one but don't marry him. Keep him as a boyfriend especially if you have had two failed marriages. Just because you are 50 doesn't mean that you can't meet someone and be happy just don't make it permanent. You children may not like it but are they there for you during the week when you are on your own? Or don't worry about a man but find an interesting hobby to take up your spare time. Personally I would rather have the boyfriend than the hobby.

I am still on my first marriage but if it fails I will never ever get married again as its just too much sork but I wouldn't say no to a boyfriend. Take care and good luck.

Reply to Britty
Posted by: Susie | 2007/06/06

hi C
I have two wonderful daughters from my first marriage. But they are grown up and have their own lives to lead. I do see one or both of them on most weekends. They really do make time for me when possible.

Hi Luna - LOL

Reply to Susie
Posted by: luna | 2007/06/06

Kry vir jou 'n papegaai, hond en kat. Saam is hulle nes 'n man. Die papegaai vloek, die hond poep en die kat loop saans rond.
Enjoy!!!!

Reply to luna
Posted by: C. | 2007/06/06

Obviously no children concieved during these partnerships? Lucky you! You have so much to live for (YOURSELF!) and can do whatever, whenever. I know of lots of people who will kill to be where you are. Just enjoy your live woman.

Reply to C.