Question
Posted by: SNS | 2007/03/05

Does my doc care????

Hi Doc, I went to see my GP (2 weeks ago) about excessive / painful headaches and often tingling feeling (butterflies) i get in my chest, often I can feel my heart beat pritty fast, especially at nigh. I also mentioned to him that I have been drinking excessive headach tables and sinus medication which I feel is not right and often does not help. I often get a diz spell and feel jittery and nausous. I battle to fall at sleep at night. Also when its near my periods I get "flu like symptoms" it feels like a bus hit me.

However, my GP prescribed blood tests (hormonal and I dont know what else) the tests came back fine and that I have a viral infection... what it is I dont know and no medication has been given ~ I still feel the same.

He told me his sister will arrange for a "mobile blood pressure monitor" which i am to wear for 24 hours and todate (2weeks) nothing yet and I am to come in again for blood tests and after all this he will do a urine test (24 hour).

What do I do...... although I have a medical aid SAVINGS does not mean I have money to waste (I do have children aswel).

Helppppp

Dear SNS
The jitteryness and nauseousness could be side effects of the sinus and headache tablets. Try cutting out caffeiene ( in headache tablets and coffee) for a few days first - if the jitteryness and palpitations still continue I agree that a 24 hour holter ECG may be the next thing to look at. Did he do a normal ECG?