Question
Posted by: Desh | 2005/07/20

Does Med Aid Pay for tubes Operations?

Good day,

Last Month I was told that my tubes are blocked that is why I'm not falling pregnant. The only option according to the Gynae was to operate them. My problem is I don't think my Medical aid will pay for my operation cause in a way they are perfoming this operation for me to be able to conceive naturally. My Gynae also said I might have Endometriosis of which I also don't know if my medical aid will pay for this too.

Please help me cause I really need to get this done even if it means I must save enough for the operation.

Thanks in advance,
Desh

The best thing would be to consult your medical aid. Most operations have to be pre-authorised anyway.

3
Posted by: Pokkel | 2005/07/20

Hopefully you come back to check your message.
I had a lap in May , and my medical aid paid 100% for everything.

Reply to Pokkel
Posted by: Desh | 2005/07/20

Jessica, thank you very much it means a lot to me cause I've been crying my heart out since I found out I have to do an operation.

Reply to Desh
Posted by: Jessica | 2005/07/20

I'm sure they will pay for it, it's not fertiltiy treatment as such, they do this via a laparoscopy, which I'm sure medical aids pay for,

Jessica

Reply to Jessica