Posted by: Desh | 2005/07/20

Does Med Aid Pay for tubes Operations?

Good day,

Last Month I was told that my tubes are blocked that is why I'm not falling pregnant. The only option according to the Gynae was to operate them. My problem is I don't think my Medical aid will pay for my operation cause in a way they are perfoming this operation for me to be able to conceive naturally. My Gynae also said I might have Endometriosis of which I also don't know if my medical aid will pay for this too.

Please help me cause I really need to get this done even if it means I must save enough for the operation.

Thanks in advance,

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

The best thing would be to consult your medical aid. Most operations have to be pre-authorised anyway.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Pokkel | 2005/07/20

Hopefully you come back to check your message.
I had a lap in May , and my medical aid paid 100% for everything.

Reply to Pokkel
Posted by: Desh | 2005/07/20

Jessica, thank you very much it means a lot to me cause I've been crying my heart out since I found out I have to do an operation.

Reply to Desh
Posted by: Jessica | 2005/07/20

I'm sure they will pay for it, it's not fertiltiy treatment as such, they do this via a laparoscopy, which I'm sure medical aids pay for,


Reply to Jessica

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.